What is Presorting?
Presorting is the process of sorting mail pieces by zip code before they arrive at the Post Office. Arkansas Mailing Services (AMS) works closely with the United States Postal Service (USPS) to presort mail, making sure it is verified and ready for delivery. We utilize state-of-the-art technology to presort your mail, providing efficiency and reliability.
What Are the Benefits?
Allowing us to presort your mail can result in postage discounts to you and your business. These discounts can save you thousands of dollars in postage a year! The only thing you need to do is schedule mail pickups. Your mailed pieces will be delivered to your target audience in a timely manner.
What’s the Process?
- Customers affix postage to their letter mail as usual. The mail is picked up by our courier on a daily or weekly basis or is dropped off by the customer to be processed at our facility.
- Our experienced team utilizes premium computerized sorting systems that help our customers save money on postage. The machines contain a barcode scanner that tracks each piece of mail for secure authentication and billing, as well as a conveyor belt and sorting software to ensure they are saving the maximum amount of money on postage possible.
- The mail goes out that same day. It is delivered to the USPS General Mail Facility in North Little Rock where most of Arkansas’ mail is processed from all over the state.
- The USPS delivers the mail to its intended destination. The presorting process is that simple.
On our state-of-the-art Multiline Optical-Carrier Reader (MLOCR) equipment, your 1-, 2-, and 3-ounce letters are affixed with less postage, allowing you to save money! Your mail is sorted by zip code at our facility for more efficient USPS processing.
In addition, your mail process becomes faster, due to fewer USPS delays. As an extra benefit to you, we can validate the addresses on your list for accuracy and changes of address as we sort your mail. Presorting with us is a win-win! Below is a list of extra benefits you receive from letter presorting with AMS:
- Daily pickup and same-day service
- Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB)
- Detailed statement showing postage saved in relation to full postage rates
- USPS Move Comply service is available, which automatically forwards a letter to an address that has been changed by a recipient at the USPS
- Your mail is delivered directly, as opposed to being delayed or never making it to the intended address
AMS is now offering the Easy-Flats program where we process and save you postage, labor, ink, and meter tape on any piece of mail considered a flat. A flat is any large envelope between 4 and 13 ounces in weight and measures less than 3/4″ thick.
The process for presorting flats is virtually the same as for letter presorting, except you do not affix any postage. Our state-of-the-art equipment reads the address, weighs the mail piece, and affixes the appropriate bar-coded postage. It is then sorted, verified by USPS, and sent to its destination. Below is a list of extra details included in our flat presorting services:
- Affixes postage using a USPS-approved Manifest Mailing System (MMS)
- Pick up, process, and deliver your flats the same day
- Intelligent Mail Barcode (IMB)
- Detailed statement reflecting your postage discount of $.05 per flat
Start Saving Money with Presorting Services Today
It is our goal at Arkansas Mailing Services to save you time and money on your mailing processes. As a business owner, you already have enough on your plate. Let us take care of your presorting so that you can focus on running your business.
With nearly twenty years in the industry, we will ensure that your campaigns reach the hands of the intended audience. We make mailing easy! Contact us today to get started on saving time and money with presorting.
A FEW WORDS FROM HAPPY CLIENTS
Great company. We have used them multiple times for mail based advertising and bulk mailers to existing clients (Christmas cards, etc.) Staff is pleasant to deal with and very professional.Rob C
I desperately needed AMS to fix our folding machines. They're commercial equipment, big, hard to find parts. Joe came in and fixed both machines and ordered parts for the third. We're back up and running and all of the stress is off. We occasionally get heavy paper that doesn't feed well into the machines but despite that, Joe tuned the machines to operate normally with this impossible batch. I'm grateful for their expertise.Joel M.